Network using the less busy parallel streets. Easier to do and better to use! For all!
North Dunedin Cycle Network
- Leith St North turned into 30km/hr ‘Cycle Street’ (note even if you think SH1 is well used by students going south, Great King St going north is not convenient and not used by many).
- Montgomery Ave Cycle Street,
- New cycle bridge over Leith beside and upstream to existing so little visual impact,
- Leith walk behind the university is already used by cyclists, and allowed to be used by University. Legally they can’t stop it being used as it is a public road.
- Shared space beside university buildings can be widened and safely improved,
- New cycle bridge over Leith,
- Leith St South turned into ‘Cycle Street’,
- Union St turned into Cycle Street (or bidirectional protected cycle lane if traffic volume too great)
- Logan Park Drive turned into Cycle Street to give access to Logan Park and Logan Park High.
- ST David St Bidirectional protected cycle lane form the university to George St ( or Cycle Street if vehicle numbers can be reduced).